Not every person carrying COVID-19 is symptomatic, and since eliminating all risk is impossible, all users of Jengu.app need to be extremely careful to follow the health protocol we have established. We want to minimize any potential risk of transmission.
Every 48 hours, all helpers are required to confirm that:
- They are not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, dry cough, tiredness, aches and pains, nasal congestion, sore throat, or diarrhea);
- They have not been exposed to anyone exhibiting symptoms in the past 15 days; and
- They are practicing physical distancing (WHO recommends keeping at least 2 metres (6 feet) distance from others. This is a general measure that everyone should take even if they are well, with no known exposure to COVID-19).
We advise and encourage all helpers to wear masks and gloves to protect themselves and others from exposure and possible infection.
To reduce chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19, all Jengu.app users are required to take every WHO precaution guideline:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Practice physical distancing and maintain at least 2 metres (6 feet) distance between yourself and others.
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately and wash your hands.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call by telephone in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority.
Be aware that the COVID-19 situation changes fast in time and in geography. Please make sure you keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as the World Health Organization or your local and national health authorities.